[Kenwood] Question on TS-2000

Kevin Nathan [email protected]
Mon, 6 May 2002 22:17:23 -0700

Hello All,

I just bought a new TS-2000 and have a couple of questions I need to ask.  I
am totally blind and the manual I have isn't exactly the best.  However, I
have been able to gain a good deal of information from it.  But, I am trying
to explain to my sighted  wife who is not a ham how to read the meter and
the like when I don't really know myself.

Can someone on the list who has one of these please tell me what to describe
to her for proper settings as shown on the ALC meter?  Also, on the
compression level we can't seem to get the meter to read at all according to
her.  I can't quite figure what we are doing incorrectly although I am told
my sig sounds good on the air.

Also, is there a quick shut off to the TX moni function except to turn it
off?

I'm sure I'll have more but for now, I would sure appreciate answers to
these two.  Thanks very much and 73.
Kevin, K7RX :)