[Kenwood] TM 733a

GGLL [email protected]
Fri, 04 Jul 2003 00:59:34 -0300

    Hello, I'm having trouble with a Kenwood TM 733A dual bander; front
panel buttons and band change pushbuttons do not work, except that of
PWR. The only way I have to change frequency is from the hand mic
buttons (anyway, "MR" works strange because as first depressed it
changes the op. band and thereafter changes to memory mode); all othe
mic buttons work fine. It seems as a panel button being stick on, but a
cold measurement shows nothing wrong with any of them.
    Reset, with PWR on and "MR" does not work also, changes to memory
scan only. The same happens pressing "VFO" button, it changes to VFO
mode and then begins scanning. It seems to me, until a steady state
during power on is reached, that button works as intended. May be a
built in circuit reset problem?.
Thanks for any hint.

Best regards
Guillermo - LU8EYW.