[Kenwood] H/T Security

Ron & Madhavi [email protected]
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 15:57:55 -0500

> Larry... I would NOT recommend putting your HT or cameras in your luggage.
> They have the right to open & inspect your luggage.  If they decide to
> inspect your luggage, and it is locked, they will cut the lock or destroy
> built in combination lock.... DON'T lock your baggage.  If it is locked,
> that draws attention to the baggage.

Happened to me in TRANSIT in the UK a few months ago. The baggage had been
screned and checked in at the point of origin in Asia. Before I boarded the
flight from the UK to Miami, there was an announcement for me. They
explained that my baggage had an object they could not identify (my hf).
They politely requested me to go down to the ramp and open and show my bag.
After they had seen the radio and checked it (like they check you shoes
these days), the bag was "clearned" I also explained it was a "Ham Radio"
and they knew what it was.

73,
Ron, 6Y5/4S7RO