[Kenwood] TS940 DEAD AGAIN

mrapps at grandrapids-mn.com mrapps at grandrapids-mn.com
Wed Oct 27 22:58:05 EDT 2004

Hello out there in cyberland

My TS940 is exhibiting its genetic defect;  no frequency display and
not receiving or transmitting.  It went to Cliff 2 years ago and worked
fine through last winter.  Last spring it crapped out.  As my basement
warmed up a couple degrees, it suddenly started working again.  It
worked though the summer in a warm summer cabin although it was
sometimes stubborn about getting started properly.  Now that
temperatures have dropped it is dead once more.

This evening I took the XYL’s hair dryer to the PLL board where the
problems had been in the past.  After a half hour of gentle heating the
components were toasty but not hot.  No luck.

Before I get scientific (get out my VOM), have any of you had this
problem and if so where did you find it?

Have fun

KoDCF/Tony