[Kenwood] Need TS830 Parts Rig

Don ehrlich at olypen.com
Tue Mar 6 12:34:23 EST 2007

I have been keeping a friends TS830 going for several years now.  He loves it dearly but failures (usually RF Board, Digital Display, or IF board) have been occurring at roughly 6 month intervals and we are both getting a little tired of the hassles.  I'm thinking that what we really need is a  'parts' radio that can be used as a source of replacement boards because it would simplify fault isolation and perhaps be a source of parts.  Is there anything like that out there for very little cost?

Don K7FJ