[Kenwood] TS-820S rear panel IF connection

jkerby jkerby14 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 24 19:15:08 EST 2008

 I think I found my error. I had set the USB and LSB carrier offset with the
rig changed over in transmit. This centered my IF away from the crystal
filters design frequency.
 The R-820 is using a higher level point on the PLL board to take its input
from. The IF out line is removed from the back panel of the TS-820 and is
substituted for a connection to the PLL board.
 It seems I can move on to making the mods to transceive with the R-820.
Thanks to Cliff and everyone who helped. 73, de N4YU