[Kenwood] TS-440 Phase Noise

Robert Needleman k3ac at aol.com
Fri Dec 18 13:33:10 EST 2020

Ken,
Doubt there’s a specific way to reduce phase noise in the 440, but in the older synthesized KW rigs, it helps to reduce sensitivity by backing off the RF gain and throwing in low level RF attenuation, especially on the low bands. I have a TS-450 and I’m able to reduce noise quite well by that maneuver.
Bob K3AC

Sent from my iPhone