[Kenwood] PSK31 and sound card sampling rate.

[email protected] [email protected]
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 18:26:23 -0500

No what I meant is that the WINPSK.DLL programs do not display the correct characters.
Where as the DigiPan does. DigiPan sets the sound card to sample at 11025hz.
The WINPSK.DLL is supposed to set the sample rate at 8000hz. But I think it's not.
The sound card is stuck at 11025 sample rate. The reason I think this is so is that the
xtal oscilator to the sound chip (ESS 1869) is 14.31953 vs 14.31818Mhz or +90ppm
error. This is not much of an error. But when I receive a PSK31 signal with WINPSKse
I get errors of -5000ppm to -7000ppm which is huge!!!! Also 60% of the displayed text
id garbled. I think, but again I'm not sure, the sound card is sampling at 11025hz and not
8000hz. But how do I prove this?
Regards,
JohnB
K1JEB