[Kenwood] Deoxit

[email protected] [email protected]
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 17:46:11 EST

Years ago, the folks at McIntosh Labs recommended Deoxit to me.  If you
aren't familiar with McIntosh audio gear, it is a high-end product manufactured to
exacting standards in the USA.  This was the only thing they wanted to see on
theirstuff.  I had a pot on my power amp that was intermittent.  I hit it with
some Deoxit, circa 1994, and that was the end of the problem, to this day.  I
also have an AM/FM radio with an analog tuner that was giving me fits with
terrible noise when I tuned it.  This was about the same time as the McIntosh
issue.  I dissassembled it, sprayed the tuner with Deoxit, and it hasn't made
any noise since.

I have no idea what the techical issues are with this stuff as I'm not a
chemist but I know that several quality audio shops recommend it and they don't
sell it.

Steve, N4JQQ

multipart/alternative
  text/html
The reason this message is shown is because the post was in HTML
or had an attachment.  Attachments are not allowed.  To learn how
to post in Plain-Text go to: http://www.expita.com/nomime.html  ---